"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Joy of the Lord

I am always so amazed at how much God continually fills me with more and more Joy and Peace and Hope! The more I pour into Him the more He pours into me...just like I have been told for many years but didn't get it until recently. I find myself just smiling and then I wonder, why am I so happy today, and I realize it is simply the Joy of the Lord!! Not only am I thankful for the Joy God has placed in my heart but for the many new friends at First that God has placed in my life, they are becoming such a blessing to me =o) It is just so awesome to be surrounded by so many individuals that are filled with the Spirit. I guess that is why it has taken me so long to let everyone get close to me, I was a bit intimidated, until I realized we are all sinners who fall short of God’s glory and that it is the enemy telling me that I have been tainted too much to have such Godly friends. I am finally learning to distinguish between God’s uplifting quiet whisper and the enemies discouraging loud voice. I pray everyday for God to give me discernment for things such as this, so that the enemy cannot steal my Joy anymore!

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

John 10:10
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

6 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Bonnie, this post makes me smile an enormously large smile! I love you, my precious sister in Christ!!

1:59 PM

 
Blogger kelly said...

Bonnie, it has been such a blessing getting to know you over the past few months. You are so precious and we love you!

2:30 PM

 
Blogger Bonnie said...

Awww...Thanks!!! That was so sweet!I Love ya'll too =o)

3:04 PM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

Your joy is contagious... and encouraging!!

7:37 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Great post Bonnie!
One comment...it's been over 3 months since your last post!!!! =P

9:48 PM

 
Blogger Erin said...

Come back to blogging... you've been tagged

12:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home